عنوان مقاله [English]
In order to study the application of zeolite on quantitative and qualitative characteristics of carela medicinal plant under deficit irrigation, a factorial experiment was conducted in a completely randomized design with three replications in a greenhouse at the Agricultural Institute, University of Zabol during 2018. Experimental factors included deficit irrigation in three levels, (90, 70 and 50 % F.C.), and four levels of zeolite (0, 20, 30 and 40 g/kg of soil). The results showed that application of zeolite increased fresh and dry fruit weight, fruit diameter and fruits number per plant and deficit irrigation had a decreasing effect on the mentioned traits. Application of zeolite at all levels of deficit irrigation increased plant length, fruit length, fruit yield, chlorophyll a, b and carotenoid, vitamin C and alkaloids, so that the highest amount of these traits was obtained from 40 g/kg zeolite. In general, application of zeolite was helpful in reducing the adverse effects of deficit irrigation on carela's quantitative and qualitative traits.
10. Daneshmandi, M. Sh. & Azizi, M. (2009). Evaluation of the effect of drought stress and mineral zeolite on quantitative and qualitative characteristics of basil chain of hungarian cultivar. In: The 6th Iranian Horticultural Science Congress, 13 July, Gilan University, Rasht, Iran. (in Farsi).
11. Dolat Abadian, A., Modarres Sanavy, S.A.M. & Sharifi, M. (2009). Effect of water deficit stress and foliar application of ascorbic acid on antioxidants enzymes activity and some biochemical's changes in leaves of grain corn (Zea mays L.). Iranian Journal of Biology, 22(3), 407-422. (in Farsi).
12. El-Gengaihi, S., Karawya, M.S., Motaw, H.M., Selim, M.H. & Ibrahim, N.A. (1996) Comparative studies of saponin contents of Momordica and Luffa species fan Cucurbitaceae. Bulletin of the National Research Centre, 21(3), 265-8.
13. Eskandari zanjani, K., Shirani Rad, A.H., Naeemi, M., Moradi Aghdam, A. & Taherkhani, T. (2011). Investigation on effects of zeolite and selenium foliar application on physiologic and agronomic traits of medicinal pumpkin (Cucurbita pepo L.) in different irrigation regimes. Crop Production in Environmental Stress, 3(1-2), 71-85. (in Farsi).
14. Fabriki Ourang, S. & Mehrabad Pourbenab, S. (2016). The effects of drought and salt stresses on some morphological and biochemical parameters of Savory (Satureja Hortensiss L.) Ecophythechemical Journal of Medical Plants, 4(3), 23-35. (in Farsi).
15. Fazeli Rostampour, M., Seghatoleslami, M.J. & Musavi, S.G.H. (2010). The study of drought stress effect and superabsorbent on relative water content and leaf chlorophyll index and its relationship with seed yield in corn. Crop Physiology, 2(1), 19-31. (in Farsi).
16. Ferrat, I. L. & Lovatt, C. J. (1999). Relationship between relative water content, nitrogen pools, and growth of (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) and (P. Acutifolius) a gray during water deficit. Crop Science, 39, 467-74.
17. Foyer, C. H., Valadier, M., Migge, A. & Becker, T. (1998). Drought-induced effects on nitrate reductase activity and mRNA on the coordination of nitrogen and carbon metabolism in maize leaves. Plant Physiology, 177, 283-292.
18. Ghanbari, M. & Ariafar, S. (2013). The effects of water deficit and zeolite application on growth traits and oil yield of medicinal peppermint (Mentha piperita L.). International Journal of Aromatic Plants, 3(1), 32-39.
19. Girousse, C., Bournoville, R. & Bonnemain, J.L. (1996). Water deficit induced changes in concentrations in proline and some other amino acids in the phloem sap of alfalfa. Plant Physiology, 111, 109-113.
20. Haghighi, M., Mozafarian, M. & Aghighi Por, Z. (2014). The effect of superabsorbent polymer and different withholding irrigation level on some qualitative and quantitative traits of tomato (Lycopersicum esculentum). Journal of Horticultural science, 28(1), 125-133. (in Farsi).
21. Harb, E. M. Z. & Mahmoud, M. A. (2009). Enhancing of growth, essential oil yield and components of yarrow plant (Achillea millefolium L.) growth under safe agriculture conditions using zeolite and compost. Proceeding 4th Conference on Recent Technologies in Agriculture, 3- 5, Nov, Cairo, Egypt, pp. 586-592.
22. Harbone, J. B. (1973). Phytochemical methods, a guide to modern techniques of plant analysis, Chapman and Hall Ltd.
23. Hasani, A. & Omidbeygi, R. (2002). Effects of water stress on some morphological, physiological and metabolic characteristics of basil. Journal of Agricultural Science, 12 (3), 47-95. (in Farsi).
24. Hashemi, A. (2016). Effects of nutrition of nano and bio fertilizers on physiological and morphological characteristics of sour tea under drought stress conditions. M.Sc. Thesis. Faculty of Agriculture Zabol University, Zabol. (in Farsi).
25. Heidari, M. & Rezapor, A R. (2011). Effect of water stress and sulfur fertilizer on grain yield, chlorophyll and nutrient status of black cumin (Nigella Sativa L.). Journal of Crop Production and Processing, 1(1), 81-90. (in Farsi).
26. Joseph, B. & D. Jini. (2013). Antidiabetic effects of Momordica charantia (Bitter melon) and its medicinal potency. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Disease, 3(2), 93-102.
27. Karimzadehasl, K.H., Ghorbanpour, M., Marefatzadeh, M. & Hatami, M. (2018). Influence of drought stress, biofertilizers and zeolite on morphological traits and essential oil constituents in Dracocephalum moldavica L. Journal of Medicinal Plants, 6(67), 91-112.
28. Keshavarz Afshar, R., Keykhah, M., Chaeichi, M.R. & Ansari Jovini, M. (2012). Effect of different levels of salinity and drought stress on seed germination characteristics and seedling growth of forage turnip (Brassica rapa L.). Iranian Journal of Field Crop Science, 43(4), 661-671. (in Farsi).
29. Lalinia, A. A., Marefatzadeh Khamenh, M., Galostian, M., Majnoon Hoseini, N. & Esmailzade Bahabadi, S. (2012). Echophysiological impact of water stress on growth and development of mung bean. International Journal of Agronomy and Plant Production, 3, 599-607.
30. Lashkari Saiad, F. (2013). Effects of super absurbant polymer, manure fertilizer and potassium on quantitative and qualitative properties of bitter melon (Momordica charantia) under irrigation period. M.Sc. Thesis. Faculty of Agriculture Zabol University, Zabol. (in Farsi(.
31. Lawlor, D.W. & Cornic, G. (2002). Photosynthetic carbon assimilation and associated metabolism in relation to water deficits in higher plant. Plant Cell and Environment, 25, 275-294.
32. Lotfi, H., Barzegar, T., Rabiei, V., Ghahramani, Z. & Nikbakht, J. (2016). Evalutaion the effect of water stress on fruit quality and quantity of some Iranian melons. Journal of Crops Improvment, 18(1), 157-171. (in Farsi).
33. Lotfifar, O., Mottaghi, L., Shiranirad, A. & Mottaghi, S. (2017). The effect of drought stress and zeolite application on physiological traits, and anti-oxidant enzymes activity, and qualitative and quantitative performance of rapeseed (Brassica napus L.) genotypes. Journal of Plant Environmental Physiology, 45, 51-67. (in Farsi).
34. Madani, H., Farhadi, A. & Changizi, M. (2009). Effect of different levels of nitrogen and zeolite on quantitative and qualitative characteristics of agriya potato in arak region. Recent Agricultural Findings, 4(12), 379-391. (in Farsi(.
35. Manivannan, P., Abdul Jaleel, C., Somasundaram, R. & Panneerselvam, R. (2008). Osmoregulation and antioxidant metabolism in drought-stressed Helianthus annuus under triadimefon drenching. Comptes Rendus Biologies, 331, 418-425.
36. Margarita, M., Crosby, K. M. & Eliezer, S. (2002). Differential gene expression analysis in melon roots under drought stress conditions. Subtropical Plant Science, 54, 6-10.
37. Mc Donald, S., Prenzler P. D., Autolovich, M. & Robards, K. (2001). Phenolic content and antioxidant activity of olive extracts. Food Chemistry, 73, 73-84.
38. Mohabbati, A.A., Najafi Mood, M.H., Shahidi, A. & Khashei Siuki, A. (2018). Interaction of water stress and zeolite application on greenhouse cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.) yield. Journal of Science and Technology of Greenhouse Culture, 9(2), 55-65. (in Farsi).
39. Molashahi, Z. (2016). The effect of drought stress on Momordica charantia in the presence of salicylic acid. M.Sc. Thesis. Faculty of Agriculture Sistan and Baluchestan University, Zahedan. (in Farsi).
40. Naimi, M. (2013). Ecophysiological study the effect of zeolite and selenium on water stress tolerance in (Cucurbita pepo L.). Ph.D. Thesis. Faculty of Agriculture, University of Tehran, Iran. (in Farsi).
41. Naeemi, M., Ali Akbari, Gh., Shirani Rad, A.H., Hasanloo, T., Akbari, Gh.A. & Amirinejad, M. (2015). The effect of zeolite application and selenium foliar spraying under different moisture regimes on some physiological traits and grain yield in medicinal pumpkin. Journal of Crops Improvment, 17(3), 647-635. (in Farsi).
42. Norzai, A. (2009). Carela, the most effective herb in the treatment of diabetes. Nasoah Publications, pp. 120. (in Farsi).
43. Pansini, M. (1996). Natural zeolite as cation exchangers for environment protection. Mineralium Deposita, 31(6), 563-575.
44. Perumal, V., Murugesu, S., Lajis, N.H., Khatib, A., Saari, K., Abdul-Hamid, A., Khoo, W.C., Mushtaq, M.Y., Abas, F., Ismail, I.S. & Ismail, A. (2015). Evaluation of antidiabetic properties of Momordica charantia in streptozotocin induced diabetic rats using metabolomics approach. International Food Research Journal, 22(3), 1298-1306.
45. Polat, E., Karaca, M., Demir, H. & Naci Onus, A. (2004). Use of natural zeolita (clinoptilolite) in agriculture. Journal of Fruit and Ornamental Plant Research. 12, 183-189.
46. Razavizadeh, R., Shafeghat, M. & Najafi, Sh. (2014). Effect of water deficit on morphological and physiological parameters of Carum copticum. Iranian Journal of Plant Biology, 22(6), 25-38. (in Farsi.(
47. Rezaie Alulu, A., Kheiry, A., Sani Khani, M. & Arghavani, M. (2019). Effect of salicylic acid and glycine betaine foliar application on morpho-physiological characteristics of carla (Momordica charantia L.) under water deficit stress. Journal of Agricultural Science and Sustainable Production, 29(1), 223-235. (in Farsi).
48. Rontein, D., Basse, T. G. & Hason, A. D. (2002). Metabolic engineering of osmoprotectant accumulation in plants. Metabolic Engineering, 4, 49-56.
49. Rover, J.K. & Yadav, S. P. (2004). Pharmacological actions and potential uses of Momordica charantia: A review. Journal of Ethno Pharmacology, 93(1), 123–132.
50. Sadeghipour, O. & Aghaei, P. (2012). Response of common bean to exogenous application of salicylic acid under water stress conditions. Environmental Biology, 6, 1160-1168.
51. Safavi, F., Galavi, M., Ramrodi, M. & Asgharipoor, M.R. (2016). Effect of super absorbent polymer, potassium and maure animal to drought stress on qualitative and quantitative traits of pumpkin (Cucurbita pepo). International Journal of Farming and Allied Sciences, 330-335.
52. Sensoy, S., Ertek, A., Gedik, I. & Kucukyumuk, C. (2007). Irrigation frequency and amount affect yield and quality of field grown melon (Cucumis melo L.). Agricultural Water Management, 88, 269-274.
53. Shahbaz, A., Hussain, K. H., Qasim Abbas, M., Navaz, K. H., Majeed, A. & Batool, S. M. (2015). Changes in growth, morphology and photosynthetic attributes by drought in bitter gourd (Momordica charantia L.). Botany Research Internatinal, 8(3), 54-58.
54. Shahbaz, A., Hussain, K.H., Abbas, M.Q., Nawaz, K.H., Majeed, A. & Batool, S.M. (2015). Changes in growth, morphology and photosynthetic attributes by drought in bitter gourd (Momordica charantia L.). Botany Research International, 8(3), 54-58.
55. Shao, H B., Chu, L.Y., Wu, G., Zhang, J. H., Lu, Z. H. & Hu, Y. C. (2007). Change of some anti-oxidative physiological indices under soil water deficits among 10 wheats (Triticum aestivum L.) genotypes at tillering stage. Colloids and Surf. B: Biointerfaces, 54, 143-149.
56. Shekofteh, H. & Arabnejad Khanooki, M. (2017). Effect of zeolit, hydrogel and vermicompost on some morphological traits in marigold (Calendula officinalis L.). Iranian Journal of Horticultural Science, 47(4), 823-833. (in Farsi).
57. Sibi, M., Mirzakhani, M. & Gomarian, M. (2011). Effect of water stress, taking zeolite and salicylic acid on yield and yield components of spring safflower. New Findings in Agricultural, 5(3), 275-290. (in Farsi).
58. Simsek, M. & Comlekcioglu, N. (2011). Effects of different irrigation regimes and nitrogen levels on yield and quality of melon (Cucumis melo L.). African Journal of Biological, 10(49), 10009-10018.
59. Sultana, N., Ikeda, T. & Itoh. R. (1999) Effect of NaCl salinity on photosynthesis and dry matter accumulation in developing rice grains. Environmental and Experimental Botany, 42(3), 211-220.
60. Taghadosinia, F., Ghahremani, Z., Barzegar, T. & Aelaei, M. (2020). Effect of deficit irrigation at different growth stages of two Iranian melon accessions on growth, yield, fruit quality and water use efficiency. Iranian Journal of Horticultural Science, 51(2), 503-515. (in Farsi).
61. Trovato, M., Mattioli, R. & Costantino, P. (2008). Multiple roles of proline in plant stress tolerance and development. Rendiconti Lincei, 19(4), 325-346.
62. Ullah, M., F. K. Chy, S. K. Sarkar, M. K. Ialam & Absar, N. (2011). Nutrient and phytochemical analysis of four varieties of bitter gourd (Momordica charantia) grown in Chittagong hill tracts, Bangladesh. Asian Journal of Agricultural Reasearch, 5(3), 186-193.
63. Wheutherley, P. E. (1950). Studies in water relations of cotton plants. The field measurement of water deficit in leaves. New Phytologist, 49(1), 81-87.
64. Yao, X., Chu, J. & Wang, G. (2009). Effects of selenium on wheat seedlings under drought stress. Biological Trace Element Research, 130, 283-290.
65. Yari, S., Khalighi Sigarodi, F. & Moradi, P. (2013). Effects of different levels of zeolite on plant growth and amount of gel production in Aloe vera L. under different irrigation. Journal of Medicinal Plants, 12(48), 72-81. (in Farsi).
66. Yosofian Ghahfarokhi, H. A., Abdali Mashhadi, A. R., Bakhshandeh, A. A. M. & Lotfi Jalalabadi, A. (2015). Evaluation of effect attract moisture substances and organic fertilizers on quality and quantity yield of purslane (Portulaca oleracea L.) in Ahwaz region. Journal of Plant Process and Function, 4(13), 87-96. (in Farsi).