عنوان مقاله [English]
Seedless grapes are widely grown all over the world. Embryo rescue technique proved to be able to overcome the problem of embryo abortion in seedless grape breeding program. Since, the efficiency of this technique is not desirable, so a lot of efforts have been done in different directions in order to improve this technique. This study was conducted in two separate experiments in which chlormequat and putrescine were employed in different experiments. Cultivars of Yaghooti, Flame Seedless and Perlette were used as both female and male parents in both experiments. Clusters sprayed with different concentrations of chlormequat and putrescine 14 days before blooming. Ovules were excised from berries 45 days after pollination and cultured in NN medium supplemented with 3.0% sucrose, 0.2% activated charcoal and 6% agar. Embryos were removed from the ovules after 10 weeks and transferred onto MS medium supplemented with 2.0% sucrose, 0.2% activated charcoal and 6.5% agar. The results showed maternal and paternal genotypes, pre-treatment with chlormequat and putrescine had positive and significant effect on endosperm and embryos development, embryos germination and plant production. The use of cv. Perlette as female parent, cv. Yaghooti as male parent and pre-treatment with chlormequat and putrescine at 100 and 30 mg/L increased the percentage of measured traits.
10. Ebadi, A., Atashkar, D & Dehghani, Y. (2000).Mechanism of seedlessness in five Iranian seedless cvs of grapevine (V. vinifera L.). Proceeding of 6th Int. Symp. of grapevine physiology and biotechnology. Create Heraklion, Greece.
11. Emam, Y., Tafazoli, T& Karimi, H.R. (1996). Growth and development of winter wheat (cultivar Ghods) as affected by chlormequet chloride (CCC). Iranian Journal of Agriculture Science, 27(3), 23-31.
12. Emershad, RL & Ramming, DW. (1984). In ovulo embryo culture of Vitis venifera L. cv. Tompson Seedless. American Journal of Botany, 71(6), 873-877.
13. Emershad, RL., Ramming, DW. & Serpe, MD. (1989). In Ovule embryo development and plant formation from stenospermic genotypes of Vitis venifera. American Journal of Botany, 76(3), 379-402.
14. Faure, O., Mengoli, M., Nougarde, A. & Bagni, N. (1991). Polyamine pattern and biosynthesis in zygotic and somatic embryo stages of Vitis vinifera. Journal of Plant Physiology, 138, 545-549.
15. Gray, DJ., Fisher, LC & JA, Mortensen. (1987). Comparison of methodologies for in Ovule embryo rescue of seedless grapes. Hortscince, 22(6), 1334-1335.
16. Goldy, RG. & Amborn, U. (1987). In Vitro culture ability of ovules from 20 seedless grape clones. Hortscince, 22(5), 952.
17. Gribaudo, I., R, Zanetti., R, Botta., R. & Vallania, M. (1993). In Ovule embryo culture of stenospermocarpic grapes. Vitis, 32, 9-14.
18. Khandewal, K.S., Gupta, NK. & Sahu, MP. (2002). Effect of plant growth regulators on growth, yield and essential oil production of henna (Lowsonid inermis L.). Journal of Horticultural Science a Biotechnology, 77(1), 67-72.
19. Ledbetter, CA. & Shonnard, CB. (1991). Berry and seed characteristics associated with stenospermy in vinifera grapes. Journal of Horticulture Science, 66 (2), 247- 252.
20. Liu, SM., Sykes, R. & Clingeleffer, R. (2003). Improved in ovule embryo culture for stenospermocarpic grapes. Australian. Journal Agriculture Resource, 54, 869-876.
21. Loomis, N.H. & Weinberger, J.H. (1979). Inheritance studies of seedlessness in grapes. Journal of the American Society for Horticultural Sciences, 104 (2), 181-184.
22. Ma, B.L. & Smith, D.L. (1992). Chlormequat & ethephon timing and grain production of spring barley. Agronomy Journal, 84(6), 934-939.
23. Murashige, T. & Skoog, G. (1962). A revised medium for rapid growth and bioassays with tobacco tissue cultures. Plant Physiology, 15, 473-497.
24. Nitsch, J.P. & Nitsch, C. (1969). Haploid plants from pollen grains. Science, 163, 85-87.
25. Okamato, G & Miura, K. (2005). Effect of pre-bloom GA application on pollen tube growth in cv. Delaware grape pistils. Vitis, 44(4), 157-159.
26. Ponce, M & Tizio, R. (2002). Brief Note Improved in vitro embryo development of stenospermic grape by putrescine. Biocell, 26(2), 263-266.
27. Pool, RM. (1982). Effect of mepiquat chloride on the growth and yield of ‘Concord’ grapevines. Journal of the American Society for Horticultural Sciences, 107, 376-380.
28. Ramming, D.W., Emershad, P., Spiegel-Roy, P., Sahar, N & Baron, I. (1990). Embryo culture of early ripening seeded grape (Vitis vinifera L.) genotypes. Hortscince, 25(3), 339-342.
29. Pinto, A. C. R., Rodrigues, T. D. J. D., Leite, I. C. & Barbosa, J. C. (2005)[r1] . Growth retardants on development and ornamental quality of potted 'Lilliput' Zinnia elegans Jacq. Scientia Agricola, 62(4), 337-345.
30. Shekoofa, A. & Emam, Y. (2008b). Effects of nitrogen fertilization and plant growth regulators (PGRs) on yield of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) cv. Shiraz. Journal of Agriculture Sciences & Technology, 10, 101-108.
31. Song, I., Nada, K. & Tachibana, S. (2001). The early increase of s-adenosylmethioninie decarboxylase activity is essential for the normal germination and tube growth in tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill) pollen. Plant Science, 161, 507-515.
32. Spiegel-Roy, P., Sahar, N., Baron, J. & Lavi, V. (1985). In vitro culture and plant formation from grape cultivars with abortive ovules and seeds. Journal of the American Society for Horticultural Sciences, 110(1), 109-112.
33. Tang, D., Wang, Y., Cai, J. & Zhao, R. (2009). Effects of exogenous application of plant growth regulators on the development of ovule and subsequent embryo rescue of stenospermic grape. Scientia Horticulturae, 120, 51-57.
34. Tian, L. Wang, Y., Niu, L. & Tang, D. (2008). Breeding of disease-resistant seedless grapes using Chinese wild Vitis spp. I. In vitro embryo rescue and plant development. Scientia Horticulturae, 117, 136-141.
35. Valdez, JG. (2005). Immature embryo rescue of grapevine (Vitis vinifera L) after an extended period of seed trace culture. Vitis, 44(1), 17-23.
36. Wolukau, J. N. (2004). The effect of temperature, polyamines and polyamine synthesis inhibitor on in vitro pollen germination and pollen tube growth of Prunus mume. Scientia Horticulturae, 99, 289-299.
37. Yang, D., Shengli, W., Yang, X. & Cao, Z. (2006). In vitro embryo rescue culture of F1 progenies from crosses between diploid and tetraploid grape varieties. Plant Growth Regulation, 51(1), 63-71.
38. Zhang Zhang, L., Meng, X.F. & Zhang, L.S. (1990). The effect of plant growth regulators on in ovule embryo culture. Acta Agriculture Universitatis Pekinensis, 16, 277-282.
39. Zhou, W., Leul, M. & Zhou, WJ. (1999). Uniconazole-induced tolerance of rape plants to heat stress in relation to changes in hormonal levels, enzyme activities and lipid peroxidation. Plant Growth Regulator, 27, 99-104.